Monday, November 1

Little Boy Blue Elephant

such a sweet, powder blue elephant to fit in a little baby's hands. this one was commissioned for baby "j", a nephew of one of my coworkers. he is super cuddly (i'm referring to the elephant, although i'm sure the baby is too!) this yarn is cotton-ease, which is one of my favorites to use for toys and baby clothes. it is machine wash & dry and can be found at michaels or joanns, which always seem to be close by! and as a bonus it comes in nice colors!

and although this little elephant is already on its way to a new owner (sigh!), i do have a few other baby boy items that have found a home in my house... just a few done so far, but oh so many more projects in the works! i have to make sure that our new arrival is warmly provided for given his january due date!



even more projects are on the way, sometimes i wish i had more hands (or maybe i could train my feet to knit), so you will have to stay tuned as the finished projects come off the needles. i know that at this point a lot of you are doubting that i will have any more blog posts for a good 2 more months, understandable given my track record (and i haven't lost the irony of my last blog post being titled "i haven't disappeared" and then indeed no further post for 2 months...) but i sincerely hope to share my projects with you several more times this fall at least.
now, take a deep breath and get excited about the possibilities that new yarns can offer! aren't the colors awesome? and a whole box full of new yarn always makes my heart melt (this one was a birthday present from my sweet husband!).okay, i will post again soon, i have the most gorgeous cashmere, lace scarf to share as soon as i remember to take a good picture!

2 comments:

The Mathews said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you!! Your little boy will be SOOO warm :) Thanks for the post- I check all the time!

Megan said...

Woohoo, you didn't disappear! I love all the cute little items you've been working on lately.....I can't wait to see more. The elephant turned out so adorable, I just want to squish it. And that big box of yarn just looks heavenly.....I think I need to order yarn just so I can get such a great box in the mail! Love you lots!