well, thanks to chunky yarn and big needles i finished up this little number last night with a success!! i'm excited that it actually turned out, and it's really cute on as well. i still have to graft together the underarm stitches, but all in all it's an actual sweater. i took good notes on all the steps so i have an actual pattern under my belt now. it's exciting to think that after applying some math and measuring skills i can actually create something that fits. it has started a whole slue of ideas in my head of sweaters and other things to create and make, articles of clothing that i can make fit like a glove!!! once i get it all done and blocked i will take a picture of it actually being worn, but i was eager to share. thanks for all the positive feedback.